More Anti-Bullying Programs
Bullying Starts in
Pre-School - How to Stop It Early by Sally Farhat Kassab on iVillage.com
How to Handle Preschool Bullies Protect your child from bullying at daycare or preschool
By Deborah Carpenter on iVillage.com
Dr. Haber's presentation was enlightening, helpful, AND entertaining.
Using humor, he was able to clearly demonstrate how we can all resort to bullying in our
daily lives and how we can learn to deflect the same. In doing so, he illustrated how we
can share these techniques for dealing with bullies with our children. He also explained
beautifully the various motivations that lead to bullying and the characteristics that inadvertently
encourage this behavior. Understanding the motivators and reinforcers of this negative behavior
is the best way to avert it, and we feel better equipped with this knowledge. The parents
and staff that were fortunate enough to hear Dr. Haber are now asking repeatedly if there
is any way to have him back, so that more parents and staff can benefit!
-Monica R. Green, MD
Whitby School Parents Association
On behalf of our PTA, I would like to thank you for the wonderful
professional presentation on "Bullying". Your information was both insightful and
helpful to all of us, both parents and educators alike.
Have Dr. Haber
Speak to Your Group
Dr. Joel Haber is not just a clinical psychologist. He’s a dynamic speaker who connects,
empathizes, engages and makes a real difference in the lives of those who have been and are
being bullied. more »
Anti-Bullying Programs for Pre-Schools
Bully-Proof Your Pre-School and Help Bully-Proof Your Future Students For Life!
behavior has been shown to begin as early as 3 years old in girls and boys. Is bullying a problem
at your pre-school and you prepared to handle it?
The Respect U Pre-School Program is designed for the emotional and social foundation building
skills young children need to reduce bullying behaviors in the classroom and prevent poor behavior
from emerging. Consistency with bully prevention methods that are applied at the pre-school
level yield long-lasting results.
The Bully Coach, Dr. Joel Haber, offers speaking engagements and half-day or full training
programs that introduce all staff to important anti-bullying concepts and strategies that work
for young children. This training is designed for principals, teachers, support staff, as well
as community partners and parents. The program is customized for your specific school and focuses
on what methods teachers need to utilize in their classrooms to foster pro-social behavior and
reduce beginning bullying behaviors.
Respect USM Anti-Bullying Pre-School Programs include:
- Review of your school’s unique goals and issues based on the culture of your pre-school
- Anti-bullying staff training for your Pre-school which includes:
- Discussion of types of disrespectful behavior seen in classrooms
- Types of aggressive play in boys and girls
- Definitions and language that your school community can use to define bullying as separate
from normal play
- Cognitive development and bullying behavior in young children
- The dynamics of bullying behavior in young children
- The role of empathy training for young children
- Defining appropriate classroom values and behavior objectively
- What are the 5 key values in pre-school
- Defining these values in objective behavioral terms
- Defining appropriate consequences of unacceptable behavior vs. “The Positive Behavior”
- Role modeling of bullying behavior by adults and its impact
- Managing parent involvement and creating positive collaborative parent partnerships
The Bully Coach provides the help you need to focus your efforts to prevent and reduce bullying
in the pre-school years. I’ll show you how to maximize the time spent on bullying efforts and
create a place children and parents can feel safe away from bullying concerns.
Crisis Management for Unresolved Bullying Incidents
I offer crisis management services for administrators, parents, school counselors or a combination
for a specific incident. These anti-bullying coaching services help you manage a bully concern
by providing the right language and skills to manage or resolve a bully situation. Please
contact us for details and pricing for this option.
Please contact Dr. Haber if you have any questions at all about
the Respect U school training programs.